It's Done!!
The 30 acre field that was our main focus is finally done!! All those before and after shots were mere snippets of the whole thing. I had no idea the enormity of the task at hand until now and boy was it enormous. There were days it didn't get worked on and other days where it was just too hot or we were just too tired to work for very long but overall that field alone took about 25 to 30 hours of labor just cutting and clearing. That number doesn't even count the time spent spraying all the fields and clearing the C4 field that was weedeated. With all that the time put in has been about 40 hours. When I first had the idea for this project and started doing the write up I thought I would need to work on all of the fields just to get all the hours I needed but I guess I miss judged that a little. So now for the pictures of it ending result.
Sadly these pictures don't even do the the field justice of how long the field is and how many outlets we worked around. And there are so many of those piles you see in the pictures which by the way are going to be cleaned up by a loader that one of the wildlife management workers graciously offered to do.
I'm just tickled pink to finally see it all done, it looks so good and its so much easier for the field to get watered now. This project has definitely been a huge undertaking but also a great benefit and help for the fields. Also I do plan to continue working on some of the other fields that aren't as daunting and hopefully make a greater impact on this wildlife/farming area.



Wow! Looks good!
ReplyDelete