Monday, September 23, 2013

It's All Done

So my project is completed and sense have gone back to school to finish my last University class. In all, the project took about 50 hours, maybe a little more, and that was just I had finished. There is still plenty of work there to be completed by others who would want to go do a service project or for the workers there to do when they get time. I'm sure grateful for everyone that helped me throughout this whole thing those people being Heather Hardy, my Dad (Jim Hardy) who was also my mentor, Stan Hardy, Jayson Whetman, and the Wildlife Management workers there. All of them helped at some point whether is was spraying weeds, weed eating, or clearing weeds with the tractor and mower. Everyone's in-put to this project was a huge help and I wouldn't have been able to do it without them. 

As for the logistics of it all the budget was set $975 and that was to include all the spray that was being paid for by the Hardy brothers who run the fields and then a small allowance for any tools or such to be bought. I never had to buy any new tools, we just used what we had but the spray was used of course so I didn't worry about going over on that. 


And finally the purpose of it all. Not only was I completing this project for my course but I also gained leadership skills, work ethic, a great component to add to my future resumes, and hopefully a good experience to build off of later on in life. I was able to provide service and gain an appreciation for the outdoors and all of the beauty it has to offer. I learned about the area and the benefits it has as well as the services it provides. I couldn't asked for a better project to do and I really enjoyed it and if given the chance to pick it again or do something different, I would definitely pick it again. 




No comments:

Post a Comment