Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Years/ New Semester

Christmas Day was low key especially since we had already opened our presents the night before. That night I had to head back to Cedar so I could work in the morning. That next day at work when I went home for lunch I took a nap which ended up being a bad idea cause I woke up and felt terrible. I endured the last couple hours of work and went home and straight to bed and it was only 5 in the afternoon. I ended up being sick with some weird virus im guessing for the next four days all the while going to work and wanting to die or at least sleep the whole time. Sunday I ended up with a fever which then broke that night and after that I felt better but it then turned into a cold for the next couple days. I got to go home again for 3 days for New years eve and Day. It was so great getting to be home with the family for a few more days. 

New Years Eve Hannah, Heather, Alyssa and I all headed to Mesquite. Our plan of attack was to go play Bingo and then head out to Beaver Dam wash for a bon fire and fire works. When we got to the Bingo hall we found out it was a 50 dollar buy in and the place was packed so we decided to skip that and just head out to the fire. The fire was great fun, nice and warm, and I even got a yummy smore that i've been wanting for forever. It was great catching up with some old friends that I haven't seen in forever and just hanging out and almost getting killed by fireworks that were constantly being thrown in the fire ha. We celebrated midnight Utah time and then jumped in the truck and hurried back down to Logandale where we made it just in time to celebrate midnight Nevada time as well. It turned out great. 


The next day I got to hang out with my mom all morning and get stuff ready for our Hardy New Years lunch over at Grandma and Grandpas. We had a smorgasbord of main dishes and salads it was delicious. After lunch we all pretty much just sat around and talked for hours about everything. That night was pretty uneventful, I just had a quite night at home, finally watched Despicable Me 2 with Hannah and hung out with my parents. I'm a party animal I know...

The next day I headed back to Cedar once again to work the rest of the week and get ready for the new semester to start on Monday. This is my last semester of school before student teaching! I'm so excited to be done but then nervous all at the same time! I'm doing what they call the block this semester so I get to be in the Elementary school half the time and then in the normal classroom half that is split into different days of math, science, social studies, language arts, and classroom management. It's only been a week but i'm already loving it. I get to be in a 3rd grade classroom all semester helping out and teaching along side the teacher and even get to sub the class by myself every Thursday afternoon. I get a little nervous if I start over thinking it all but for the most part i'm just excited and ready for the new adventure. It's going to be a lot of work and with still working at Cal Ranch as well I won't have much of a life but I know I can handle it. 
I've already finished one of my first projects as a part of our classroom jobs. I'm on the calendar crew so we have to make sure the classroom calendar is changed for each month. 

Here's January's Calendar, nothing crazy but i'm sure will end up making them better and better each month!

No comments:

Post a Comment